We make some delicious Breakfast Egg Muffins with Little Kitchen Magicians. Makes 12 portions.
Little Kitchen Magicians and St Ewe Free Range Eggs have teamed up to celebrate British Egg Week (week commencing 9th October). The theme is Britain’s Favourite Breakfast this year. They want to get us thinking about the all-important meal, breakfast, and also how fabulous eggs are for our health and wellbeing. Did you know that eating breakfast can improve memory and concentration levels and it can also make us happier, improving mood and lowering stress levels?
St Ewe Free Range Boost the Roost’ eggs go one step further. They are naturally enriched with Selenium and DHA Omega 3. Selenium boosts your immune systems as well as strengthening cell walls. DHA Omega 3 contributes to brain health and function and helps brain, eye and nerve development, visual health and function and eye health. To get your taste buds tingling and your little chefs cooking, try this delicious breakfast egg muffin recipe with a box of fresh Westcountry eggs from St Ewe Free Range Eggs.
1. Before cooking, wash your hands and put on an apron.
2. With an adult’s help, preheat the oven to 170°C.
3. Lightly spray the muffin tray with oil.
4. Crack the eggs into a big mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
5. Now add the milk, cheese, spring onions, mushrooms, pepper, spinach, bacon and a pinch of pepper. Then mix together.
6. Carefully, pour the mixture into the muffin tray. Each cup should be ¾ full. (Afterwards, don’t forget to wash your hands.)
7. With an adult’s help, place the muffin tray into the oven for 20-25 minutes (until the egg mixture is lightly risen, set and golden brown colour).
8. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray, then serving.
Little Kitchen Magicians