Industrial Heritage in a beautiful setting
Set on the edge of Bodmin Moor you can explore part of Cornwall’s Industrial Heritage.
- Open all year Monday – Saturday 10am-5pm (8pm August) for underground tours.
- Three cathedral-sized Caverns including the stunning Underground Lake.
- Wander amongst the 6.5 acres of woodland, in Quarry Wood, to find faeries and dragons.
- The Terrace Garden and Enchanted Dell which can be the start a children’s counting game.
- Adults £7; Children 3 to 15 £5; Family (2+2) £20.
- The Rum Store, an underground concert and event venue ~ with concerts from Classical to Rock!
- Licensed for weddings and civil partnerships in four different locations.
Carnglaze is an environment of peace and wonderment.
During your tour you will go about 150m into the hillside and 60m below ground, via a flight of 60 steps. In the lower chambers you will find the Underground Lake with its crystal clear blue/green water. The Caverns are at a constant 10°C, so a jumper and sensible footwear is recommended.
The Rum Store
During the Second World War, the Royal Navy used the first of three caverns at Carnglaze to store its supply of rum.
Now known as The Rum Store, it was converted into a concert and event auditorium in 2002 with seating for 400 and fully licensed bar.
For details of upcoming concerts please visit the website www.carnglaze.com
St Neot, Liskeard PL14 6HQ