Cornwall LivingIssue #113
The classic Cornish clotted cream makers over at Rodda’s share with us an indulgently irresistible recipe which can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Why not embrace a wonderful moment with Rodda’s divine recipe for Chocolate Rocky Road? It’s sweet, crunchy, delicious, and best of all, really easy to make together. This humble recipe is made particularly tasty with a rather special Cornish ingredient; Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream. The simple addition of this star ingredient lends the silkiest texture to the chocolate ganache, making for an utterly irresistible treat. The only question is, who will lick the bowl?
- 250g dark chocolate (70% Cocoa)
- 100g Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream
- 70g digestive biscuits (broken into chunks)
- 30g golden syrup
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 38g Smarties
- 25g glacé cherries (optional)
- Chop up the dark chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl, with the clotted cream and the syrup. Place over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until melted together. Alternatively, you can place the chopped chocolate, golden syrup and clotted cream in a microwave proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring every time.
- Once the mix has completely melted, take off the heat and allow to cool slightly and put aside 4-5 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Fold in the biscuits, marshmallows and the cherries into the rest of the melted chocolate until it is well mixed.
- Once everything is well combined, pour the mixture into a square baking dish lined with greaseproof paper, pressing the mixture into the corners with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Give the mix one last press over the top and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
- Take out of the fridge and use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the top, adding the Smarties and any additional decorations you’d like (the team at Rodda’s like to use chocolate stars!).
- Return to the fridge to set for 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Once set, cut into 10 equal squares, and enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW?
Alongside the famed clotted cream, Rodda’s stock a range of freshly made Cornish products, from farmhouse Cornish butter and double cream to shortbread and fudge!
Go to www.roddas.co.uk for the full range.