Cornwall LivingIssue #67
Wow your guests with this simple but mouth-watering recipe, from Newquay View Resort’s Head Chef, Alan Araujo.
Alan Araujo, Head Chef at Newquay View Resort has chosen this simple but delicious recipe to share with us here at Cornwall Living. It’s a firm favourite of the guests and holiday homeowners at the resort, and the best part is, it’s quick and easy to make! The dish really celebrates the sea, making it perfect for the resort’s stunning location in Porth.
Alan heads up the busy Venue restaurant, serving up popular, classic dishes using fresh, local ingredients alongside restaurant specials which champion the finest produce that the Duchy has to offer. Why not try Alan’s recipe for yourself, or head over to Newquay View and sample a dish from the chef himself?
Pan fried squid, rocket and balsamic salsa
- 600g fresh squid and tentacles
- 100ml balsamic glaze
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp garlic butter
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 200g fresh rocket
- 1 lemon wedge
- Firstly, prepare and slice the squid into triangles and lightly score with a sharp knife. Keep the tentacles to one side.
- Next, wash the cherry tomatoes, halve them, before adding them to a bowl with the balsamic glaze and olive oil.
- Now add a drizzle of olive oil to a hot, non-stick frying pan and add the squid triangles and squid, frying for two minutes. Add the garlic butter and remove from the heat.
- Finally, place the rocket on a plate, top with the squid and drizzle with the tomato and balsamic salsa. Serve with a wedge of lemon.